ARFF by Silas

ARFF by Silas

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Freedom

The 2nd grade boys group meets every Thursday afternoon. We practice listening and cooperating, talk about things that are important to us, and play. Today we graphed our ARFF. Each boy moved his magnet to a number between I and 10 to indicate how they are doing with achievement, respect, fun, and freedom. I explained that freedom is having some time in your day when you get to make a healthy choice. We talked about how important it is to have activity choices that don't involve screen time. We looked at our ARFF graph and realized we could all use a little more freedom in our day. So with 5 minutes left, our little group headed out the door for a free recess. We had the whole playground to ourselves! One boy ran to the swings and spent the entire 5 minutes swinging and proclaiming "I love freedom! This is my best day ever!" His joy was contagious. I've brought it home with me today. And that's why I like blogging my teaching/counseling stories. Remembering and writing prolongs the joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment