ARFF by Silas

ARFF by Silas

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Big ARFF Day

Achievement: Good discussion in HPT regarding the purpose of building a common assessment. We discussed the idea that the process we are going through will help us learn what a quality assessment should look like. We can use the knowledge we gain in this process to help us design quality assessments in each of our specific subject areas.
Respect: I am always honored when students are comfortable confiding in me. I get a little elated feeling when a student walks up to me and says, "Can I talk to you about something?"

Fun: I asked 7th and 8th graders to write what they like about our school. It was fun to read their responses. A lot of them said, "The Teachers"!

Freedom: I taught "goal setting" with middle school students today and I was able to take that main idea and custom fit my teaching to match the mood/needs of each particular class. 7th grade was more about school survival skills such as turning in homework and asking for help. 8th grade was about making healthy choices. I got on my soap box and talked about the importance of rejecting the drug and alcohol scene and putting energy towards accomplishing personal goals and finding safe, legal ways to have a fun time.

Looking forward to an ARFF filled dinner out with Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment