ARFF by Silas

ARFF by Silas

Monday, May 21, 2012

Achievement: I completed my online counselor supervisor training today. I have had the honor of supervising a counseling intern this spring. Next school year, she will continue her internship at our school and I look forward to continuing the mentorship. Working closely with first year teachers, student teachers, or counseling interns is simply a joy. They bring fresh ideas, positive energy, and an enthusiasm for learning. They often challenge the status quo and cause me to reflect on my own work. I get to observe their growth, glean from their education, and celebrate their successes with students.It's win-win-win! Respect: Practiced one person speaking at a time with the fourth graders. They all got to say one job they might want to do when they grow up. If the listeners wanted to say something like, " That's stupid," they just had to think it. Fun: Making birthday cupcakes. Freedom: When I went to the post office to buy stamps the clerk said, "Flags or something pretty?" When I answered "pretty" she rummaged through her drawer and pulled out six different beautiful designs to choose from!

No comments:

Post a Comment