ARFF by Silas

ARFF by Silas

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Viking Ships

One of the skills I learned from Denny years ago is the importance of "tracking positive". On a daily basis, record what we're doing that's good and true. Say it. Write it. Celebrate it. That's what this blog is for me.

Our school's way of tracking positive is Viking Ships. When a teacher notices a student doing a positive thing, they give them a Viking Ship. The student writes their name on it, brings it to me, and I hang it up in the hall. They get the positive interaction with their teacher, a high five from me, and get to see their name up in the hall every day for the rest of the year for doing something good.

Four students brought me Viking Ships today. Yeah! They got them for:

  • being extra helpful
  • supporting a friend
  • volunteering to sweep up trash in the lunchroom
  • helping a fellow student
Thanks to all our teachers who are tracking positive on our kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment