ARFF by Silas

ARFF by Silas

Monday, April 18, 2011

ARFF in tough times

This blog is dedicated to the joys of teaching. But not everyday is joyful. Some days are full of anger, hurt, frustration, and grief. So how do we support one another through tough times? With kindness, compassion, and a listening ear.

Today I am reminding myself that I can be most helpful by just listening rather than trying to fix the situation. Two of my favorite Denny quotes help me to remember this. "Any unasked for advice is criticism," and "Do you want me to comment or would you like me to just listen?"

I can also help colleagues move forward by knowing how they like to fill their ARFF. Do they like long walks with a friend or a solo run? A phone call or a card in the mail? Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Latte or Americano? Karaoke or Pictionary? A comedy or a thriller?

Mostly I can be supportive by staying healthy and present and grateful for this amazing learning opportunity called Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment