ARFF by Silas

ARFF by Silas

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Achievement: The fifth and sixth graders have been learning about reproductive health and issues related to that topic. The county health department taught them a lesson on bodily changes and I covered sexual harassment. Today the students each wrote down something they have learned from these lessons. I love what they wrote:
"I learnd that sexulhras ment was elegel"
"I learned that if I'm being harassed, I can get help"
"I learned it is not okay to sexually harass someone"
and my favorite... "Puberty is unstoppable!"

Respect: Belly laughs with colleagues

Fun: Paid $1.oo to wear a hat all day for 8th grade fundraiser

Freedom: I worked on my annual staff evaluation. I like that I get to reflect on my accomplishments for the year and set professional goals for next year.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for Friday!!
    ACHIEVEMENT: I made dinner last night for tonight - that makes my evening soooo much easier!! It's amazing to me how stressful the whole dinner process can be at the end of the day - SO I did something about it!!
    RESPECT: My husband sent me a text while I've been typing this blog that said - "I love you" - can't beat that for a great feeling.
    FUN: I bought a hat pass this morning from the 8th graders so I could wear my great BIG, fuzzy, crazy, blue FUN FUN FUN Dr. Seuss looking hat!
    FREEDOM: I'm having a very mellow day today in the poor student behavior department so I've had some time to catch up on the pile sitting on my desk. And I'm getting ready for a relaxing weekend too!!

    ReplyDelete